This policy applies to this site. If you do not agree with this policy, we kindly request you to leave this site. This policy does not apply to any other websites that are linked to this one. You are advised to read the privacy policies of any linked sites.
Who we are
Xscapes Landscape Design & Build (‘us’, ‘we’, or ‘our’) operates this website: https://www.xscapes.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When may we collect your personal data:
– When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
– When you ask us to contact you with information about our services
– When you engage with us on social media
– When you subscribe to marketing & promotional newsletter emails
– When you comment on or review our products and services
– When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you
We collect certain personally identifiable information (‘Personal Data’) which is necessary, relevant and suitable for the purpose you are providing it for.Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
– Name (including title)
– Phone number
– Email address
– Any information within correspondence you send to us
– Spouse and Child Data
It also includes technical information which is encrypted and does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our website. This may include:
– The date and time you used our website
– The pages you visited and amount of time visited for
– IP address
– The browser and device you used
– The url from which you accessed the Service
Please refer to ‘Cookies’ below for more information on the technical information we collect.
The compulsory fields on our website contact or submission forms are clearly indicated. Other information is voluntary.
We use this information you provide to respond to your questions or inform you by e-mail or telephone about our services or offers. If you request a service or transmit information to this site, we can ask for more information necessary to fulfil your request.
Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered – this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal data that is beyond our control.
The information we collect from you will only be used for the purpose that it was provided. We shall only use your personal data for the following purposes and shall not keep such personal data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
– To help us to identify you when you contact us
– To help us to identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have from us or selected partners from time to time
– To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future
– To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information. However we do not pass on or sell your personal details to other companies for their own marketing purposes
– To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss
– To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text, social media or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us where these products are similar to those you have already purchased from us, or have expressed an interest in, and you have not opted out of us contacting you
– To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text, social media or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and selected partners where you have expressly consented to us doing so
– We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance
– We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this
– If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets
– If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
– We employ companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf and we may disclose your personal data to these parties for the purposes of providing our services to you, for example, for fulfilling advertising requests, collecting payments, sending postal mail and email, bookkeeping and accounts, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links) and providing customer service. Those parties only have access to the personal data needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes
In connection with any transaction which we enter into with you:
– We may carry out with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud prevention agencies: credit checks where you have given us your express consent, and fraud prevention checks. We and they may keep a record of the search. Information held about you by these agencies may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. These records will also be taken into account in credit and fraud prevention checks. Information from your application and payment details of your account will be recorded with one or more of these agencies and may be shared with other organisations to help make credit and insurance decisions about you and members of your household with whom you are financially linked and for debt collection and fraud prevention. This includes those who have moved house and who have missed payments.
– We may pass on your personal data to a solicitor, debt collection agency and/or court for our debt collection purposes of any unpaid accounts.
– If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other people and organisations. We, and other credit and insurance organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
You may ask to see and update your personal information that we hold at any time. We are the data controller in respect of any personal data we collect about you. To request information please contact us via our contact form with the subject title ‘Data Request’. You have a right to complain to the ICO if you believe there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Any marketing and promotional newsletter emails provide a link at the end of the email to unsubscribe from that service. You can also opt out by contacting us via our contact form with the subject title ‘Opt Out’
Please note that it is not possible to ‘opt-out’ of receiving communication from us which relates to any account with us.
We have a portfolio of our work on our website. We may also use images of our work on our social media channels. By authorising us to undertake work at your property you allow us to permit to take photographs of the work we undertake, unless we are told otherwise. These images do not disclose personal details and will only be used for the purpose of showcasing our work.
Cookies are stored on your computer not on this site.
Cookies are not viruses and they cannot scan your system or search your computer for private information.
We use analytic cookies that help us recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it, in other words it gives us stats on how people find us and use our site. This helps us to improve how our website works to ensure that users can easily find the information that they are looking for as well as help us to identify what works best for our advertisers.
_utma – This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. Google Analytics uses the information from this cookie to calculate things like Days and Visits to purchase.
_utmb and _utmc – These work together together to calculate how long a visit takes. __utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters the site, while __utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves the site.
_utmt – This records the type of utm.gif hit, including custom variables, events, ecommerce items or transactions. In some cases this variable wont be sent, in which case the request is defaulted to ‘page’.
_utmz – This keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine they used, what link they clicked on, what keyword they used, and where they were in the world when they accessed the site.
You can see information on the cookies they may store by clicking here.
These cookies used are completely safe and secure and never contain any sensitive information.
All recent versions of popular browsers give users a level of control over cookies. Users can set their browsers to accept or reject all, or certain, cookies. To find out more about cookies, including how to control and delete cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk
There are always risks connected to sending personal information, whether it happens face to face, by telephone or over the internet, and no system or technology is completely safe or hacker proof. To minimize the chances of this happening and to guarantee the correctness of the information, we have procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use an SSL certificate on our website, which encrypts information you input, and host with a reputable, established hosting company with a server based in the UK who use a variety of security features to keep our site, and your information, protected.
Links to Other Sites
We are not responsible for the appearance, accuracy or any other aspect of the information of all external sites.
We do not provide any personally identifiable customer personal data to these third-party websites.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We aim to ensure that the website is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However we cannot guarantee 100% uptime which may be a result of essential maintenance or technical problems.
Due to the changing nature of laws, rules and decrees and the inherent restrictions of electronic communication, this site can contain delays, shortcomings or inaccuracies relating to the information.
Website Information and Content
The information contained on this site is only meant as guidance for specific interests and should not be a substitute for any formal or legal advice. All the information on this site is reproduced as presented without any guarantee for completeness, accuracy or the usage of it, and without guarantee of any kind, implicit or explicit and not limited to any kind of accomplishment, usage or suitability for any kind of purpose.
Changes to our website can happen at any time without notice. If information changes whilst you are using the site we cannot be liable to you for any changes.
All website content, design and material is owned by us. You must not reproduce, sell or copy any of this unless we have given prior consent.
Under no circumstances are we, our related companies, enterprises or partners, representatives or employees, can be held responsible for any loss, damage, inconvenience, decision or action which is made or undertaken in reliance to the information represented on our site, especially not for damages which have been warned against.
Sale of the Business
We reserve the right to sell the this website, including personal data relating to you, to a third party if we sell, assign or transfer the assets of our business.
For more information please do not hesitate to get in touch.
This policy was last updated on 16th September 2019